Things to check before moving to puppy adoption
As said above, we do not choose a puppy on a whim. There are several things to check before adoption, if only to make sure that you are the master of the dog, that you can really take it, but also that it is in good condition. health.
The state of health of the puppy
Check the health of the puppy before adopting it is something very important. If it can be cruel to say that you are not going to adopt a puppy because he has certain health problems, this check is especially necessary to ensure that as a master, we will have the means to take care of the dog, even if he has health problems. There will be some points to check:
- movement: the dog should be able to move without problems. If, at the age of two weeks, it is normal for a puppy to stagger, he is supposed to be able to move safely at the age of three months. Watch him move to make sure he does not limp.
- the state of the truffle: a healthy puppy must have a truffle slightly wet and cool, without sinking.
- the state of the eyes: the eyes of a healthy puppy must not sink, nor contain crusts, pus or redness.
- the condition of the ears: the ears must be clean, do not contain black spots (sign of ear scab, common on farms), or crusts or unpleasant odors.
- the condition of the skin and coat: the skin of the puppy must be clean, do not contain crusts or parasites, dandruff or pimples. The hair should be shiny.
- the senses (hearing and sight): finally, it will be necessary to verify that the dog hears and sees well. Try to call or tap your hands to see if he reacts, and shake a toy or candy in front of him to make sure he’s watching.
Click in the next or open button to complete read